Hitachi Vantara launched Pentaho 8.0 in the recently concluded Pentaho World 2017. We at GrayMatter, as pioneers in Pentaho from 2006, view this as a breakthrough in the analytics world particularly with respect to Big Data. GrayMatter has proven expertise of delivering remarkable ROI on Big Data Analytics engagements to global customers. This expertise coupled with the features in Pentaho 8.0 promises better big data insights for our valued customers.
Some of the key features in Pentaho 8.0 that GrayMatter experts look forward to leverage, to deliver customer value are listed below:
Improved connectivity to Streaming Data Sources
- Pentaho 8.0 now fully enables stream data ingestion and processing using its native engine or Spark
- Enables real-time processing with specialized steps that connect PDI to Kafka.
- Latest Pentaho adds support for the Knox Gateway used for authenticating users to Hadoop services
Optimize Processing Resources
- IT managers can now easily bring up additional nodes and spread simultaneous workloads across all available computation resources to match capacity with demand
- Pentaho 8.0 makes adaptive execution easier to set up, use and secure to dynamically match workloads with the most appropriate processing engine
- This latest version makes it easy to read and write to popular big data file formats like Avro and Parquet and process with Spark